Citronella Collar for Dogs – The Pros and Cons
If you have a dog that annoys the whole neighborhood with its nuisance barking, you may have already spent some time looking for that magical solution and eventually you came across some websites that offer citronella collars for dogs like the most humane anti-bark collar and cash. He finds it all sounds too good to be true and wonders if it’s just another empty promise and a trick to get his hard-earned money. I agree that we should spend some time doing research before spending a dollar, especially online.
Here are the advantages why you should consider buying a citronella collar:
1. The Citronella Dog Collar uses a natural citronella spray to stop dogs from barking, making it one of the safest anti-bark collars on the market today.
2. Since the citronella spray is safe for our dog, this collar is also a very humane way to prevent the dog from getting too naked.
3. According to scientific study conducted at the Cornell School of Veterinary Medicine Animal Behavior Clinic, the citronella collar for dogs was 88% effective in crouching or reducing excessive barking, while the shock collar for dogs was 44 % effective in stopping or reducing dog barking.
4. When the bark detection unit discovers that our dog is barking, it automatically emits a stream of citronella which ensures that the most important aspect of dog wording and correction is met: timing.
5. Many models of citronella collars can be activated remotely, making it well-suited for correcting many other problematic dog behaviors such as jumping on visitors, digging, chewing, running away, and many more.
Here are the downsides for which you may want to reconsider your decision:
1. If used too often, our dog could eventually get used to the smell of citronella.
2. We need to buy additional citronella refills, which increases the total cost.
3. The citronella collar for dogs only works if our dog is wearing the collar.
4. Some users reported mechanical issues with the drive
When all this is said, it is clear that the benefits this collar offers are great and the drawbacks are minor and can be easily overcome by implementing a good training plan.