How can you live stream your events on social media platforms?
Live streaming is one of the greatest innovations derived from using the Internet. In fact, a higher percentage of Internet traffic is currently attributed to making their events available to the public live. And the percentage of Internet traffic is expected to increase even more in the coming years. So why broadcasting your moments to the online world is so great? The reason is that there are numerous advantages associated with live video streaming platform and live video streaming services.
One reason is that by making your event live, one can interact with attendees. These attendees are the ones who cannot attend the event live in person, but can view it through the streaming service. So in a way it can be argued that they attended. The other reasons are, of course, that it can increase attendance and improve the user experience.
The type of event that will be streamed on the platforms will depend on what you prefer. It can showcase a cooking competition, a music concert, a training session, a festival, and even a wedding, which is rapidly growing in popularity. Of course, as already mentioned above, there are a number of platforms such as live streaming to Facebook, Go Live Broadcast, and other social media platforms such as Twitter and YouTube and Periscope.
Social media sites like Facebook Live are increasingly being preferred as a platform to go live due to the large number of people using them. It is indicated that the users of social networking sites according to the recent statistics of 2017 are approximately 2.46 billion worldwide. That’s a lot of potential spectators for your event or even potential attendees.
Most of the available platforms are increasingly integrating the use of various social media platforms for instant live streaming across multiple platforms. You’re talking about streaming via Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Twitter Live, and Periscope. That can be done by using live streaming platforms and live streaming devices.
Requirements to start using these services:
Of course, in addition to identifying your live streaming platform / app and registering, you must have the following:
A reliable internet connection
A high-performance computer / smartphone
A webcam or camera with a video capture device in case you are using a device
As devices they can be purchased, or you can use the platforms that have many plans: basic, premium or enterprise plans. There are some platforms that offer free trials, often for a period of generally 1 month. The main disadvantage of free trials is that they are limited in terms of features and functions and therefore you may be limited when streaming.
Live broadcast of your event
After knowing the importance, the forms available for live streaming, and the necessary requirements, all that is left is the action itself, which is simple. When you have a live streaming device, the first step is to connect your device to any video source or camera. With one tap of the provided app, you can modify your event title, start, stop and pause, and run and use other functions and features. There is a feature to stream on multiple platforms simultaneously.
Using the Facebook Live Streaming Service
1. Using your mobile device or computer with a camera, access the news feed in the Facebook application to broadcast live. There is a “live” option that you must touch. Another option for live streaming is through your profile. There is a live video option in the “What’s on your mind” menu, when tapped.
2. Facebook will request access to your camera if it is the first time. You must allow it. Any subsequent access to the camera will be automatic when a live broadcast is made.
3. Choose your preferred privacy settings. You can choose to broadcast live to your friends or the public. There’s another “just me” option, which is great when you’re new to the service and want to give it a try. Nobody loves to embarrass themselves, you can rely on live streaming for this.
4. Describe your live broadcast. Give it an eye-catching title.
5. Choose a location or activity and tag friends.
6. Before moving on to “Broadcast Live”, you need to set your camera to the correct direction / view. After setting up the camera and live streaming, you can interact with your viewers.
7. When done, click “finish”. There is the option to post the video so that other people can see it even after the broadcast ends.
8. Save your video for future use; adjust and rewatch.